“Though they be little on earth, they are exceedingly wise.” To what does
this refer? Ants (Proverbs 30:24).

Ants appear only twice in the Bible, both times in the Book of Proverbs
being lauded for their wisdom (Proverbs 6:6-8, 30:24-25). Ants are one of
the world’s oldest and most successful living creatures and their
outstanding reputations have not changed much since the time of Solomon.

>From the dawn of human civilization, the behavior forged in the roiling
eons long caldron of evolution is recognized as a quintessential example of
the ultimate expression of wisdom; a wisdom born by the witness of their
continuing survival as they thrive over a span of some 150 million years to
become 10% of the worlds biomass.

Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! (Proverbs 6:6)

Much of ants’ success as a species is attributed to cooperation and task
sharing within the context of unselfish and anonymous hierarchical social
structures. Ants work anonymously without the constrains imposed by
individual ego  in teams to collectively move extremely heavy things,
capture prey, and they can when required summon extra workers who
immediately respond without any concern about reputation, or ego
gratification, or being in line for winning a next year's Nobel Prize for
their efforts.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord,
not for men (Colossians 3:23)

Each individual of the colony works in silence for the common good. Ants
can also adapt their duties to overcome any unforeseen problems. They
communicate within an ages old system that is the key to the success and
survival of their society. This method of communication explains how though
single ants are not clever; collectively they are capable of complex
collective tasks. They have no interest in preserving intellectual
property, they have no need for patents, and would never keep their
activity secret from the other members of their colony.
Ants, known for being industrious, are lauded for their initiative. Ants
have no leader—no commander to direct them, no overseer to inspect their
work, no peer reviewers, no ruler to prod them on. People who act only when
commanded do not possess wisdom. Such “swarm intelligence” is of huge value
to science. Science needs less rock stars and more ants.

One final way in which ants display wisdom is that though each ant has a
distinct function, all work collectively towards a singular goal.