A small diameter membrane to allow some internal radiation out seems like a
nice feature in any test, which the professors would certainly consider.

In an good test one should expect to see such a feature.

The same should be expected for neutrons--a neutron window.

Bob

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE SmartphoneBob Higgins
<rj.bob.higg...@gmail.com> wrote:
The 3.6 keV x-ray photons are easily detected with an x-ray spectrometer
such as the Amptek X-123SDD at
http://www.amptek.com/products/x-123sdd-complete-x-ray-spectrometer-with-silicon-drift-detector-sdd/
.  See their chart at this URL for the different window options that will
easily allow detection down to 1 keV:
http://www.amptek.com/products/c-series-low-energy-x-ray-windows/ .  I am
hoping to get one of these some day.

The bigger issue is that not much will make it out of the hotCat even if
that is the primary channel for conveying the heat.

In the case of RF, I would expect almost none to escape the hotCat because
the reaction is in a Faraday cage.  The RF that could penetrate would have
to be below 1 kHz.

Bob Higgins