Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

He claimed a cell had run for 6 months continuous, with long spans
> requiring no input power.

The "factory heater." I am pretty sure that is true. Several other people
saw it.

> He said he had built hundreds of them and was ready for robotic mass
> production.

I do not think he said that. I would remember. He said he was planning to
build hundreds. I think he was actually planning to, but the plans fell
through. He did end up making dozens for the 1 MW reactor. More than ~50
that ended up in it.

> He was seeking a deep pockets backer, and essentially as a collective “we”
> helped him succeed with that goal.

No, we did not. We had no role in garnering support for him.

Did “he play us”? – “us” being the loose-knit group which had been
> following LENR for 20+ years and can provide expert vetting . . .

No. At heart he does not give a damn about us or what we think.