From: Steve High
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2014 3:13 AM
To: Vortex
Subject: [Vo]:Air Flow Calorimetry

Well I spent an hour or so in the HVAC world and sure enough Jed was right.
Apparently the standard for measuring air flow in a round duct involves
checking wind speed in 18 locations along three separate axes, which is
probably not practical when you are trying to assess air flow in a dynamic
system. On the other hand I think it is safe to assume that the purveyors of
natural gas have worked out a way to know precisely how much petroleum is
flowing through their pipes. In the lung doctors office you can blow into a
tube that will show precisely how much air your lungs are moving. So if there
was a monetary reason to efficiently know how much air is moving through a
system  we would probably have a reliable means of doing so.

On Sun, Oct 12, 2014 at 4:19 PM, Jed Rothwell