Yes, sorry -- I was referring back to the 2013 test.

For that we had a picture of the ceramic frame holding the resistor wires,
which was cast in two (I recall, without looking it up) sections.

For a small area, we have a solid plate (complicated by fins), and then a
cog-like structure with the gap towards the outside.
Presuming that this makes good thermal contact to the outer cylinder we can
approximate it as a rectangular block with a rectangular hole, with the wire in
the center.

The wire itself is mostly in poor contact with the holder, so it supplies heat
by thermal radiation (or induction, though I think that's less likely).

There are two pathways from the inner hot zone: by conduction through the solid
part of the gear, and by radiation through the gap. ( It's probably close to
thermal equilibrium.)

Given that Alumina is an insulator, I don't know which wins, but there is
definitely a possibility of a temperature difference, which may persist.

I don't have the tools (comsol etc) to model the radiation in and across the
gap.