Additionally, look at the darkened photo, the wire exterior to the reactor
sourrounded by cooler materials to radiate to are brighter than the bright
wires in the reactor.  Hard to believe it would be colder inside the
reactor surrounded by relatively hotter materials that are harder to
radiate to.  I think that is pretty strong indication that it is the wires
that are the bright areas.