Ok jed, l have learnt you have a believe in patents, which I do not.
Otherwise I think you and I have similar views.
I could say, because of  age , it does not matter to me, what LENR  is or
is not (as Sheakspear said  I do not say that it does not matter.
As you said: ( my version) there are more things to life than money and
greed.
I am a believer in that people are basically nice and have morals. LENR
would solve a problem we soon will have major issues and probably war over.
That is what is important.

However,I am also an engineer (at least from an educational viewpoint   )
and wouldn't it be great to design a commersial LENR. For the fame, for the
money and all other human weaknesses. :)

My point is that Darden like most others have more than one view of things
and they are in no way in conflict. Blaze, it is not a percentage game. I
think Rossi has something doing better than COP=1. If that is wrong then it
is not much to talk about but the snow that fell last year.  If that is
true, then we should support the e-cat project. Do our best to help make it
commersially viable. I am sure any contributer will be well rewarded. Maybe
not monetary, maybe Axil, Mills or Storms has a nobel prize comming.
Nobody will worry about the percentage - regardless of the outcome.

.