The information that I have received, which might not be totally accurate, is
that most of the testing is done in constant current mode operation.  The
supply current would be monitored and then plenty of negative feedback would
come into play to ensure that the current remains fixed.  This type of control
can be made very stiff and not sensitive to the voltage appearing across the
output terminals.  A large capacitor connected across that set of terminals
would offer an easy path for any transient currents generated by bursting
bubbles or other short term changes that appear due to load variations.

I would not consider the capacitor as making the supply a constant voltage
system.  It is true that it allows any instantaneous load transient currents to
have an easy escape and therefore to bypass the DC current from the supply
itself.  But, at the same time it allows the constant DC current to flow
without having to compensate for large fast voltage swings that would normally
appear across its output terminals.  This is the best of both worlds.  Steady
DC current exiting the supply that can be assumed constant and in fact would
be...slow voltage swings across the capacitor that can easily be followed to
determine the true power being delivered into the load.  The larger the
capacitor the better provided that supply stability can be maintained.

The instantaneous power being delivered by the source is equal to the product
of the current and voltage.  When the current is constant, only DC voltage
loads can accept power and thus energy from the source.  All of the AC voltages
that appear across the source terminals integrate to zero during a full cycle
and do not enter into the input power equation.  This understanding seems to
escape most people until they review the theories carefully.  I had to prove
roughly the same issue to several skeptics that thought that DC due to load
rectification of the AC power source could be used to sneak extra power into
the earlier ECAT.  They thought this was possible since the input power meter
did not monitor DC directly.

The input power can be accurately determined in a system such as I am referring
to by merely taking the slowly varying DC voltage that is residing across the
large capacitor averaged over the entire time of the test.  This average DC
voltage can then be multiplied by the known DC current from the source to
arrive at the average input power.  Multiply this number by the time and you
get the energy input into the cell.  I believe that it is as simple as that.  I
read an article from a skeptic that made an attempt to confuse the issue by
bringing up the small rapid AC currents generated by the collapsing bubbles.  I
suspect that he just did not understand the problem.

Dr. McKubre has convinced me that he is a very savvy guy and I suspect that
many of the skeptics underestimate his knowledge.  These skeptics are looking
for every possible avenue in their quest to discredit everyone associated with
this subject.  It is too bad that they are not up to the quality of the
researchers that we have the privilege to know.

Dave