As much as I would like to find evidence of life or prior life on Mars, I have to agree that the object shown in the picture is just an impression of one of the Mars Curiosity Rover instruments. If you look you will see that the big rock in the picture has been moved as if something pushed against it and the soil looks to be of a sandy nature, perfect for the making of an impression. I agree that it looks like the head of a Phillips screw.

Robert Dorr