Barry Kort's critique may be invaluable because it may open up funding for
cold fusion research. Note that even graduate students replicating cold
fusion research is forbidden.  An honestly skeptical master's thesis
however might not do career damage.  The implied experimental conditions
are relatively inexpensive to reproduce. When I say reproduce I mean
reduced the apparent excess heat.  The area in which these pseudo-skeptics
always fail is to fail to reproduce the excess heat effect in accordance
with their critique of the experiments. The kind of error Barry is talking
about should appear in just about any electrolytic system whether deuterium
or hydrogen based. It should also hear whether it is palladium or nickel
based. It sounds like Barry is close to having a quantitative model. It
should be able to predict quantity of excess heat appearing at various