On 21.06.2005 17:31, Peter Amstutz wrote:
> Actually the intention is to rewrite it to use the new Cairo-based
> rendering infrastructure in Mozilla.  That minimizes the actual amount
> of work for me, and Cairo I understand has an OpenGL rendering backend,
> so we may well be able to have it render directly to a texture

Hm. OpenGL is problematic. Common CS policy is "no OpenGL calls from client
apps".

But rendering to a memory buffer is always a possibility.

> (do you
> know offhand how CS's render-to-texture support is doing these days?)

Should be well enough. There are one or two things I have in mind to add at some
point that would ease some of the r2t aspects, but generally it should be quite
useable.

> We'll see :-)

Yup..

-f.r