On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 23:12 -0400, Peter Amstutz wrote:

> Braden, you're using spirit for OpenVRML, right?

Used to. I made a URI parser with it.

>  What's your experience been?

That certain Spirit constructs are not threadsafe at a fundamental
level. That is, two different parser instances used by two different
threads don't work. Not all the time, anyway.

I didn't do a lot of research into "why"; this might be an easily
fixable bug in Spirit. I don't think it was a bug in my use of it. I
couldn't tell you, though, just what it was about my grammar that made
it unsafe. It was really too easy for me to just chuck the whole thing
and replace it with boost::regex.

I can certainly send you the grammar if you're interested.

--
Braden McDaniel                           e-mail: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<http://endoframe.com>                    Jabber: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>