On 15.08.2005 18:12, Peter Amstutz wrote:
> SIGTRAP:
> Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap( XXXXXX, XXXXXX )
>
> I thought maybe it was the multiple-heaps issue with Windows DLLs,
> except that a) I can continue and it doesn't crash and b) I'm pretty
> sure mingw compiles everything against the same C runtime DLL
> (msvcrt.dll), so there should only *be* one heap.  Have you ever seen
> this before?

Never seen that. Perhaps the additional heap comes from some driver or so.

> What's the difference between msvcrt.dll and msvcr71.dll?  I thought the
> latter is just a newer version shipped with the newer compiler, or is it
> more complicated than that?

Well, basically it is a newer version, but who knows what changes they
made to the runtime, so I wouldn't hold my breath for compatibility.

> Well, specifically the inability to add include search paths, so I
> couldn't point it at the Win32 SDK.  I eventually googled and found the
> instructions on a Microsoft developers fucking BLOG (great documentation
> guys), but when I tried it it didn't work (although I didn't spend that
> much time tinkering with it).

Yeah, pretty annoying bug. They even give instructions somewhere on how
to use the Platform SDK with VCExpress and say that you should add the
Platform SDK paths there - so I don't think not being able to edit paths
was intentional... still a rather serious flaw. I ended up editing the
relevant configuration file manually -
Documents and Settings\YourNameHere\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\VCExpress\8.0\VCComponents.dat .

> I would very much appreciate some hints on how to compile Crystal Space
> with VC++ Express Beta 2.

Once you have the PSDK set up, open the VC 7 projects, have them
converted, and hit "Build Solution".

-f.r.