On 12/4/05, Peter Amstutz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Well, I'm glad you found us :-)  How did you, by the way?

Looking through sourceforge projects for a starting point. :)

Alright, well a couple questions first:

What OS/platform are you using?

I have windows 2000 dual booting with SuSE 9.0 on my desktop, I've got cygwin installed on 2000 for when I can't be assed to reboot.

I've got Eclipse and MSVC for windows, and I've got Eclipse and I'm afraid I like emacs for Linux...

I've got Windows XP on a laptop, with Eclipse, although MSVC can be installed.

What's your programming background?

I've been programming on and off in a variety of languages for a variety of platforms, my two top languages at the moment are Java and C++, athough my C++ is a little rusty. I know some perl, some python...

I've never really done any serious coding though, most of the applications -- though successful and complete were at most a couple of files, a few hundred lines of code. I'm afraid I'm not too familliar with CVS, except by concept.

So, sconzey, it all depends on what interests you :-)

The scripting sounds quite interesting, what's been done so far?

-- sconzey

--
QOTD:
It is by the fortune of God that, in this country, we have three

GPG Public Key: http://www.jargonjunkie.com/rants/scones.asc
Website: http://www.jargonjunkie.com/