Hi Peter

I am going to start by building content. I want to create a number of (or at least one) virtual world, and put it on a server at home, give it an actual function (so people are motivated to use it) and advertise it.

I'd like to convince friends to set up their own too: One good friend of mine is a very talented 3d artist.

Then I'd like to help with the development, by adding functionality that I've discovered is lacking during the development of my world(s). Hence, I'll start looking at the way that VOS holds together, and offer my services in adding crucial functions like streaming video or sound, and perhaps user-centric functionality. XML/CSS on flat surfaces in the browser, perhaps, or some functionality to move 3d objects from one server to another (by the avatar "carrying" it?). Obviously, these are all random blue-sky suggestions, I haven't had a chance to explore the code-base yet. But then it's going to change anyway, so what would be the best way to proceed?

Ben