Right. I code in MySQL at my workplace, so I know a bit about what you're
talking about. You're using it very widely, however...
(Not to throw you offtrack or distract you from working on VOS, but you're
losing me more and more with this thread)

""an area of interest "view" is a subset of all the avatars in the entire
world""

What does 'area of interest' mean? Why are you interested in certain
avatars?
SELECT * from `avatars` where `area` = 'interesting';

""an revision control "view" is the state of the repository at a particular
point in time out of all revisions""

Okay, this is not 'avatars in a virtual world' this is 'data in a database'.
Or is the database "in the virtual world"?
SELECT * from `revisions` where `codedinyear` < '2000';

""an animation "view" is the position of all the scene elements at a
particular point in time out of all keyframes.""

Right, we're back within the virtual world now, I think. Something like
this?
SELECT `keyframes` AS `view` from `scenes` where `timestamp` = NOW();

So the code revisions are a Vobject structure? Or are you talking about the
scripting language tied to each object? In that case, I revise my earlier
SQL query...
SELECT `revisions` as `newquery` from `Vobjects` where `codedinyear` <
'2007';

That's how I understand things, from a SQL point of view.