... But not without some ugly hacks :P  I figure clean cross-platform
building can be worked out by those with more experience in the area than
I -- I just wanted something to mess around with for the time being!

- A recent update to the bzr branch caused a broken build due to
httpclient.cc not being able to find sys/socket.h or netinet/in.h, so I
removed it from my vos/libs/vos/extensions/http/Makefile.am for the moment.
A simple make -k didn't work because of a bug in automake on windows (
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2005-01/msg00698.html )

- After building everything, I manually edited the libtool script and set
deplibs_check_method="pass_all" (which is set in 3 locations for some
reason), then went back and re-made csplugin. Yay, it made a dll for me :P

- I renamed vos/inplace/lib/crystalspace/libvos_csplugin.csplugin to
libvos_csplugin-0.csplugin

- I modified vos/inplace/etc/crystalspace/vfs.cfg to use paths from windows
root instead of the msys root "/c/..." (I had to do this for 0.23 as well)

- This is all in addition to the changes I made earlier, modifying
vos/apps/tests/Makefile.am to set "sqltest = " and
vos/libs/vos/vutil/strftime_r.cc to #if out the env functions.

So now wxterangreal runs! I'm still having the same keyboard-input problem I
was having when I tried to build my own wxgl.dll in 0.23, but mouse-input
seems to work fine. I'll have to look closer at how that gets built I guess.

Also, I'm still having trouble logging in to the default world
vip://interreality.org/world -- but I'm having this problem on 0.23 too.

-Ken

ps: I'm building on windows2000 and my mingw build environment is made from
the following downloads:
MSYS-1.0.10.exe
msysDTK-1.0.1.exe
MinGW-3.1.0-1.exe
gcc-core-3.4.2-20040916-1.tar.gz
gcc-g++-3.4.2-20040916-1.tar.gz
binutils-2.15.91-20040904-1.tar.gz
(which are all from the setting up windows page, plus:)
mingw-runtime-3.9.tar.gz
mingw-utils-0.3.tar.gz
w32api-3.6.tar.gz
(which looked like newer versions ... but now I'm wondering if these are
messing me up)

I made one modification to a mingw header to fix a network build problem
specific to Win2k, as described here
http://interreality.org/pipermail/vos-d/2006-November/002041.html

I also have a cygwin environment available, except I renamed libtool so it
wouldn't be found by configure. Also in my path is cs-win32libs v1.0_001