That's something that was introduced by the new event tables
implementation in 0.24.  The solution is to make the registration
function a templated class, and for the subclass to call the base class
registration function with the subclass type to ensure that the method
handlers are associated with the subclass as well as the base class.

On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 02:40:06PM -0400, Reed Hedges wrote:

> Ran into a slightly confusing thing that VOS does:
>
> If a base class registers a message handler, but then a subclass of that
> base class is the metaobject that's actually instantiated, then no
> messages can be delivered to that handler-- it seems that the list of
> handlers is keyed on typeid names, and VobjectBase is only able to find
> the handlers associated with the typeid of the subclass, not the base
> class.
>
> Any ideas on how we can fix this in VOS?
>
> Reed

[   Peter Amstutz  ][ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ][ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
[Lead Programmer][Interreality Project][Virtual Reality for the Internet]
[ VOS: Next Generation Internet Communication][ http://interreality.org ]
[ http://interreality.org/~tetron ][ pgpkey:  pgpkeys.mit.edu  18C21DF7 ]