I am forwarding this Latex question for a friend of mine.  Can someone help him out?

Thank you.

Bob

Ron Pritchard wrote:

Hi Bob,

Could you do me a favor and post a question for Lugod.     I am
having trouble figuring something out and am getting to my wits end.  The
question is below.

I am trying to add a package to Latex.  The package is lingmacros.sty.  I
have put this in its own directory as follows

/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/lingmacros/

My first question is whether this the correct way to install an .sty
file.  If it is, I am still having another problem.  Latex still can't
find the package.  I think there must be some command that makes latex
update, but I am not sure what it is.  I have tried

initex -u

but it doesn't work.  Does anyone out there know how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

--
Robert G. Scofield
[EMAIL PROTECTED]