From: Ted Deppner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2003 10:00 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [vox-tech] smtp question - blocked ip

On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 09:49:24AM -0800, Steven Peck wrote:
> will prbably see a dramatic increase.  The sad part is, a lot of it is to
non
> existant email addresses.  SO not only is the spammer irratating me, he is
> ripping off his customer.

So install a bounce handler that rejects originating IP's into your
system.  Set it to have a bounce/delivered ratio low enough that they only
get 100 or so emails through per ip they abuse.

I've recently set something similar to this up and it's all but stopped
stupid spammers cold.

--
Ted Deppner
http://www.psyber.com/~ted/