Unless you've indexed a right-to-left language that has punctuation
marks??

Or if you've indexed "quoted text" with the quote character before the
term?

Or if you've indexed *strong text* with the star character before the
term?

Or if you've indexed /regexp string/ or /italicized string/ with the slash
before the term?

Or ...

-Mark

Mark K. Kim