Bill Kendrick wrote:

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 01:36:22PM -0600, Jay Strauss wrote:

3. Rendering is wonderful: pages render more faithfully under FF than Opera.

I've been using FF for a couple of months on both M$ and Linux and unfortunately I'd have to say the rendering is not so wonderful when compared with IE (at least in my experience) for example when I look at:

http://www.sheddaquarium.org/mem_individual.cfm

FF smashes the ticket options together, IE has them nice and separated.

Hrm, as it should. There doesn't seem to be anything in there that says there should be space after the "<ul>...</ul>" list.

The part of the page in question is a table, with /zero/ cellspacing or
cellpadding, so it's no wonder it's pretty tight in there...

The descriptions of each are within a "<div>...</div>", but the style in
question ("ltbluetext") simply sets color, font and font size. Nothing
about spacing, margins or padding around the enclosed section of text.

The lack of specification of margins does not dictate that margins should not exist. A portable HTML coder ought to have explicitly set the margin size desired, rather than rely on the existence of a default margin on <div> elements.

My current biggest pet peeve about IE's mishandling of things would include its broken support for absolute positioning. Should be relative to the enclosing box, but instead is relative to the window coords. Awful.