Dylan Beaudette wrote:

quick question:

i have heard about possible ways to make an EPS file smaller...but I can't remember where I heard it, and how to do it.

Any ideas?

Well, since PostScript is a programming language, the ways of compressing an EPS program are virtually infinite; it's much like contests to fit a solution to a given problem into the smallest Perl program you can manage.

I'd be happy to take a look at it and offer some small suggestions for hand-tuning, if you're interested. I won't be able to actually dig in and hand-tune it, though, unless you'd be willing to pay me. ;-)

I won't be checking my e-mail over the weekend, so I'd get to looking at it on Monday.

-Micah