I just called Mike to see if I could help him quickly by phone. It seems like his home directory has disappeared, and he says a file system check did not fix things. This is probably outside the scope of my expertise. Is someone able to help him?

Jonathan

Michael Siminitus wrote:
1- Michael Siminitus, [address, phone removed] – call anytime -ASAP please

2- see full specs at: http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/Gateway/200ARC/3501609sp83.shtml

2- Mandrake 10.

3- I cannot log on, except as root or the new user I created. The error I keep getting is:
* There was an error setting up inter-process communications for KDE. The message returned by the system was:
Could not read network connection list.
//.DCOPserver_localhost_0
Please check that the “dcopserver” program is running

4- sorry, it's on my laptop and I can't retype that whole thing.

5- I have a paper trapped in the machine I need to turn in tomorrow. I don't know if it is possible, but it would be GREAT if I could bring the laptop to someone tomorrow morning who could help out.