Troy Arnold wrote:

At one time I played around a lot with Sylpheed.  I liked it.  It is
highly customizable and fast, but the killer feature for me (at the time
I was coding something that parsed and processed email attachments) was
that it would let me easily resend/edit a message, attachments and all.
It didn't work for me as an everyday MUA because it really only got
along well with MH mail folders and that didn't play well with mutt.

Thunderbird supports this as well. And I do very much like the fact that it uses UNIX mailbox files.

-Micah