Hi Drew

Use rsync to move the data to another machine and then parition and format
the new cf module. Then rsync back again.
Make sure you use 'rsync -aPx --numeric-ids / someserver:/storage_location

The -P, -x, and --numeric-ids are very important as these will make sure
the data is copied correctly
Cheers
Mike




> What would you guys recommend as the best way to move my currently
> running install onto a larger cf card (going from 128mb to
> 512mb cf). It seems that if I just use dd (dd if=/dev/sda1 of=image.img
>  & dd if=image.img of=/dev/sda1), that I'm left with 128mb usable space
>  on the 512mb card, is there a way to do it so that I can clone the
> 128mb  card to the 512mb card and still have the rest as usable space?
>
> Thanks,
> Drew
>
> ps. tried posting this to the pebble list but doesn't look like it's
> going to post
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Voyage-linux mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://list.voyage.hk/mailman/listinfo/voyage-linux




_______________________________________________
Voyage-linux mailing list
[email protected]
http://list.voyage.hk/mailman/listinfo/voyage-linux

Reply via email to