----- Original Message ----
From: Robert Rawlins - Think Blue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 5:23:56 AM
Subject: [Voyage-linux] Install Remotely




 
 

<!--
 _filtered {font-family:"Cambria Math";panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
 _filtered {font-family:Calibri;panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
 p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
        
{margin:0cm;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri", 
"sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
        {color:blue;text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
        {color:purple;text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
        {font-family:"Calibri", "sans-serif";color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
        {}
 _filtered {margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.Section1
        {}
-->






Hello Guys,
 

  
 

I’ve got a system running Voyage that’s out in
the field and has been giving me some issues of late, apt-get appears to have
completely destroyed itself and I can’t really do anything with the
system, No matter what I try I keep getting segmentation faults when trying to
install packages. I started having this problem after I changed my sources list
and ran the update, which didn’t run correctly and ever since I’ve
had problems.
 

  
 

So, I’m hoping to put a clean Voyage install onto the
system, however I will have to do this remotely as the box is in a completely
different country and I don’t have the means to be able to do a local
install on it.
 

  
 

Is it possible to install from a remote location? If so then
what’s my best method?
 

  
 

Thanks guys for any advice,
 

  
 

Rob
 






--------------------------------
Rob, I have used rsync clone remote system.  Please test before your run it on 
the remote system.

su root
rsync -aH ./voyage-current/ remote:/


You will want to make sure your boot loader has the correct kernel before you 
reboot.

Nicholas A. Schembri
State College PA USA

_______________________________________________
Voyage-linux mailing list
[email protected]
http://list.voyage.hk/mailman/listinfo/voyage-linux

Reply via email to