Hi Edwin, On 8/23/07, Edwin Whitelaw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Folks, > > I had posted about this back in April when 0.3 came out and hadn't seen > it happen since the 0.4 releases until today. I have a WRAP running > 0.4.1, all upgrades. One Engenius NL2611 as 2.4GHz AP and one CM9 > backhaul on channel 52. Seems it's a random thing as to which radio > gets wifi0 and which gets wifi1. Obviously having the wrong order on > boot takes the system out of service since the configuration parameters > are totally different for the two radios. I had one suggestion > regarding adding some udev rules to match MAC addresses and assign > interface names to radios discreetly but I would prefer to simply know > which mini-PCI slot was going to get 0 and which gets 1 and have it stay > that way. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a direct result of > udev? What's the best approach to remove the uncertainty in device > discovery?
Yes, udev initializes devices non-deterministically, which is why rules are needed to keep names persistent. Voyage should already be generating rules - have you seen the files below? Perhaps the rules are there, but just need to be uncommented. /lib/udev/write_net_rules /etc/udev/persistent-net-generator.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/z25_persistent-net.rules Frank _______________________________________________ Voyage-linux mailing list [email protected] http://list.voyage.hk/mailman/listinfo/voyage-linux
