Hello,

I have Voyage 0.6.1 running running successfully on a VIA mini-ITX board which
I ssh into remotely via ethernet. I have added a EDIMAX PCI wireless card
(Ralink chip set) as I wish to ssh into the box via a wireless connection. I
copied the firmwear driver (rt2561s.rts) into /lib/firmware/ and altered the
/etc/network/interfaces file to read:

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet static
address 10.1.10.1
netmask 255.255.255.0
broadcast 10.1.10.255
up iwconfig wlan0 essid BigAl mode Master
up nat.sh wlan0 eth0 "10.1.10.0/24"

Initially when the system boots syslog reports - Apr 13 09:38:51 voyage vmunix:
ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): wlan0: link is not ready.  Although iwlist wlan0 scan
works that is about as far as the wireless system seems to operate. The
ifwconfig command produces:

wlan0 IEEE 802.11 ESSID:"BigAl"
Mode:Managed Frequency:2.412 GHz Access Point: Not-Associated
Tx-Power=3 dBm
Retry min limit:7 RTS thr:off Fragment thr=2352 B
Encryption key:off
Link Quality:0 Signal level:0 Noise level:0

I noticed from a previous report concerning a Ralink USB stick that there may
be a problem with the kernel and Ralink drivers. If anyone could shed some
light on this problem I would be grateful, also being new to the world of
wireless networking I'm not too sure whether I have done things correctly or
whether I'm missing a configuration file.

Thanks in anticipation,

Alan