You're right in that it would be easiest to do the compilation on a desktop machine. Voyage 0.6.x is based on Debian Lenny (5.0), so it is easiest if you get a machine set up with that. It could be a virtual machine if you know how to do that.

You'll need to download the development packages and libraries needed to compile mpd. Something like this would do the trick:

apt-get build-dep mpd

Sean

Jeff Mai wrote:
Hi,

I have installed voyage 0.6.1 to my Alix 2D2 machine with the intent of running
mpd.  Everything has worked without much trouble, but I have discovered I need
features of mpd that are still in beta (experimental.)

The mpd version I need is available in a git repository.  I started by
installing
git-core on the Alix, but quickly realised that I'd need to install quite a lot
of dependent packages in order to compile mpd on the Alix.  Maybe I shouldn't be
compiling on the Alix, but on a desktop machine and then install the binaries to
the Alix...

What's the best way to proceed with this?  Can someone suggest some reading?

Thanks.

Jeff