Hello,

I am installing Voyage current (14 Nov 09) to a CF disk (for ALIX), like I have done many times before.

In the last step the voyage.update says:
"sfdisk: bad input
mount: special device /dev/sdb1 does not exist
Fatal Error: Failed to mount /dev/sdb1 on /mnt/cf as an ext2 partition"

Could somebody tell what the problem might be? I believe I am doing the job exactly similarly to the earlier, successful times. I also have checked and re-created the CF with fdisk and it looks OK:

"Disk /dev/sdb: 1039 MB, 1039933440 bytes
32 heads, 62 sectors/track, 1023 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 1984 * 512 = 1015808 bytes
Disk identifier: 0x00056a22

   Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id  System
/dev/sdb1               1        1023     1014785   83  Linux"


This is my installation config:

"Configuration details:
----------------------

Distribution directory:   /home/anttu/voyage-current

Disk/Flash Device:        /dev/sdb
Installation Partition:   /dev/sdb1
Create Partition and FS:  yes
Bootstrap Partition:      /dev/sdb1

Will be mounted on:       /mnt/cf

Target system profile:    ALIX
Target console:           serial
Target baud rate:         38400

Bootstrap installer:      grub
Bootstrap partition:      /dev/sdb1

OK to continue (y/n)? y"



Thanks in advance for help,

Anttu

_______________________________________________
Voyage-linux mailing list
[email protected]
http://list.voyage.hk/mailman/listinfo/voyage-linux

Reply via email to