Be aware that the serial port on all the alix2 and alix3 models is an incomplete implementation of the serial port spec. Check the manual page 13.
I ended up using a mce usb remote receiver for my alix based music player. - On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 12:15 PM, Nick L. <[email protected]> wrote: > Running Voyage 0.62 on Alix 2d2 and 3d2 as USB music servers. I want > to add a simple IR (infrared) rs-232 receiver to control the unit via > a hand held remote. > > When I did the initial voyage install one of the questions was for > either console or terminal interface. What does that mean exactly? > Which choice allows me to use my serial port for connecting a device > and not as a serial interface? Can that option be changed after > installation? > > _______________________________________________ > Voyage-linux mailing list > [email protected] > http://list.voyage.hk/mailman/listinfo/voyage-linux > _______________________________________________ Voyage-linux mailing list [email protected] http://list.voyage.hk/mailman/listinfo/voyage-linux
