Hi,

alix boards don't have such a current meter on-board.
About your goal, I'd rather take a scope and view the 5V supply of the USB
at different input voltages, starting at 5.0V going up to 20V. Also you
should compare with different power supplies.
You shouldn't limit your power supply to what it just needs.
Please let us know your findings.

Best regards,
Michael Steinmann