From: "Kim-man 'Punky' TSE"
To:"Jeff Mai"
Sent:Fri, 20 Jul 2012 11:39:47 +0800
Subject:Re: [Voyage-linux] Issue with volume at boot up

 Hi Jeff,

 Alsa stores the sound device information under
/var/lib/alsa/asound.state before reboot. You can run "alsactl store
0"
 to save the sound information for card0.

 After restart it will run "alsactl restore 0" to restore the saved
states.

 Regards,
 Punky

 On 7/20/2012 11:10 AM, Jeff Mai wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > Long time user of the Alix 2d2 plus Voyage. NOT a linux expert,
however. It seems like I have to relearn everything
 > each time I update Voyage.
 >
 > I'm having a new and odd issue. During boot up of the Alix, the
volume level indicated on the display of my USB
 > attached sound device (Audiophilleo1) changes several times (the
sequence is: -14db, -72db, -20db, -14db, -20db) and
 > is not restored to the previous setting prior to boot up. Formerly,
this was not happening - the display was constant
 > (or at most changed only once) and remained where it was set prior
to boot up.

 > The only thing that has changed is the firmware on the Audiophilleo
and an upgrade to the PurePower supply for the
 > Audiophilleo. It is my understanding that the volume level is set
by ALSA - the Audiophilleo only reports the level
 > and should not influence it.
 >
 > So the questions are:
 > How do I understand what is happening to the volume at boot up of
Voyage?
 > How could the Audiophilleo firmware and hardware changes affect the
volume setting during boot up if this is
 > controlled by ALSA?
 >
 > Any thoughts / suggestions on this are much appreciated.
 >
 > Cheers,
 > Jeff

 Regards,
 Kim-man "Punky" Tse

 * Open Source Embedded Solutions and Systems
 - Voyage Linux (http://linux.voyage.hk)
 - Voyage ONE (http://linux.voyage.hk/voyage-one)
 - Voyage MPD (http://linux.voyage.hk/voyage-mpd)
 * Voyage Store (http://store.voyage.hk)