Hi Roel,

I found the problem the PXEboot board cannot get the IP.  Try adding
ethdevice=eth0 to /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/default

On 10/21/2012 11:01 PM, Roel Huybrechts wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to install the current Voyage on an Alix board using the PXE option from the live cd. However the Alix fails to boot the PXE environment, hanging at "Switching clocksource to pit". I don't think the clocksource is the reason it hangs, I suspect it's just the last line that is printed before something else goes wrong -- I tried adding different "clocksource=" settings to the boot parameters without any success.

The problem has earlier been described in this thread: http://list.voyage.hk/pipermail/voyage-linux/2012-August/015298.html
Unfortunately I cannot find the solution there ;)

Any help regarding (debugging of) the issue is greatly appreciated! When needed, I can send the dmesg output from the serial console.

Kind regards,
Roel
-- Regards, Kim-man "Punky" Tse * Open Source Embedded Solutions and Systems - Voyage Linux (http://linux.voyage.hk) - Voyage ONE (http://linux.voyage.hk/voyage-one) - Voyage MPD (http://linux.voyage.hk/voyage-mpd) * Voyage Store (http://store.voyage.hk)