On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 3:07 AM, Manuel Argüelles  wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to install voyage on a 120MB compact flash (it is supposed to be
> 128
> but df shows it as 120).
>
> Is it possible to install voyage on such reduced space? the voyage.update
> scripts fails with out of space while doing rsync.
>
> I'm trying to follow the self contained installation method, but it seems that
> extlinux is not provided...

You are asking two questions really and your subject line says "extlinux?."

Q1.  VL on 120MB flash.
A1.  You are really pushing it to the edge.  I suggest a 256MB CF or
higher.  Even with 256MB, the moment you install a few additional
packages from Debian repos, all the "extra" stuff will quickly consume
the remainder disk space.

Q2. Extlinux.
A2.  AFAIK VL supports Grub (default) and Lilo only.  Lilo
installation is broken in 0.9rc1.  Punky has fixed in the subsequent
daily builds.   Having said that you can do the default install with
Grub and then install extlinux.  In fact alternate boot loaders were
discussed in this list the last couple of months.

Please see the list archives with the following string in Google
search :-  "extlinux site:list.voyage.hk"
and "lilo site:list.voyage.hk"

HTH
-- Arun Khan