On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 6:43 PM, Jeff  wrote:
> On 12/01/2012 01:01 AM, Arun Khan wrote:
>>>
>>> The 3d2 is running voyage 0.9-rc1. I want to use a Rosewill RNX-N150UBE
>>> (a
>>> USB device) for the wifi
>>> interface on the Alix box. As I see it, I need to do two things:
>>>
>>> add support for the USB wifi device, which uses the Realtek RTL8188SU
>>> chipset  configure voyage to route/bridge traffic between the wifi and
>>> ethernet
>>> interfaces
>>
>> To the best of my understanding - bridging between wifi and ethernet
>> devices work in the AP mode only.  Otherwise you may have to look @
>> ebtables and work at the frame level.
>
> The first step is getting the USB wireless to work, which I haven't been
> able to yet. My research
> yesterday indicates I need the r8712u module, which isn't available in the
> 3.4.4-voyage kernel.
> I've really been hoping to avoid building a new kernel...

Please post to the VL list so that everyone sees the conversation.   A
Google search for " rtl8188su linux " gave me this link (Realtek's
drivers for Linux)

<http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PFid=48&Level=5&Conn=4&ProdID=228&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true#2292>

Gut feeling, the firmware for the device may be missing in your install.

Take a look at this and read through the relevant sections:
<http://wiki.debian.org/rtl819x>

I think the above will solve your problem.

BTW, this was the first hit in my search with the above posted key words.

HTH
-- Arun Khan