A long time back (8/26/2012 post) I had a 16GB CF card with Voyage MPD 0.8.5 on it and found it could not boot properly if I partitioned it as one big 16GB partition. I tried cutting it to two 8GB ext2 partitions and that worked fine with Voyage MPD 0.8.5 as the first 8GB partition.

I've now tried to upgrade to Voyage MPD 0.9.1 and I had forgotten thing about partitioning it to the two partitions and I used the install script to just overwrite the card and make it one 16GB partition.

I tried to boot and it failed but I can't seem to find my USB / Serial
dongle so I can't check the terminal for the grub error 18 I got before.

So does the new Voyage MPD still have a problem with the large CF partitions or is this maybe a ext2 limitation? I was thinking with
the newer kernel it would fix that but maybe it's because we use the old
ext2?  I checked into the limits on ext2 and it should be fine with
a 16GB partition. I did the mkfs.ext2 using the mkfs that comes with Fedora 19 so that's a very new mkfs command.

Mark