On 20-Sep-00, Mark V. Fusco wrote:
>
> I know this isn't the best place for this, but I've had no luck on the
> IRC.
> The CGX monitor, NTSC, and VGA monitor are all in devs:monitors. I've
> also tried to remove VGA, but the same results. I don't really
> understand how enabling the monitor portion of the startup-sequence is
> causing the lockup. Both the HD and 3.1 floppy startup-sequence are
> identical in this section.
1 Boot with no startup-sequence, move CGX and VGA monitors to
sys:storage/monitors
also move VGAOnly to storage if it is in DEVS:Dosdrivers.
2. makedir RAM:env
3. assign env: ram:env
4. copy sys:prefs/env-archive to env
5. cd to sys:prefs
6. screenmode ( then select a NTSC compatible screen )
Most probable cause is that VGAOnly attempts to set an incompatible mode
or that screenmode tries to.
>
> I can boot no problem off the HD if I comment out the monitor section.
>
> I am totally at a loss. Can anyone help with suggestions?
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark
>
--
Bob Q
Rocket Scientist during the day,
Amiga Afficionado all night.
_____________________________________________________________________
Voyager Mailing List - http://v3.vapor.com/
Voyager FAQ....: http://faq.vapor.com/voyager/
Listserver Help: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=HELP
Unsubscribe....: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=UNSUBSCRIBE