Hallo Julian
Am 06-Okt-00 warst du an deinem Rechner und schriebst �ber [voyager] Re: driver...
>
> Hi Marcus and Uffe,
>
> I read your messages about the Studio drivers for the Canon prin-
> ters. The ONLY thing I will say, that is not nice, about them, is
> that you MUST read and reread the instructions and other documentation,
> to start to understand what to do for your particular Canon, at least,
> as far as using the shareware version. For example, I bought a Canon
> BJ 200E, a few years ago, and, of course, I needed a driver to use use
> it. When I got Wolf Faust's Canon Studio, I thought it would be easy.
> How was I to know that Canon also made a wide carriage version of what
> I got?
>
> After I got over the confusion and found the exact instructions on
> setting up the printer (It also takes through a dipswitch, in the
> printer.) and setting up Prefs, I was on my way. Since then, I have
> had no problems, at all. Now, would I have preferred a utility program
> with a GUI that would make all this simpler? Sure. But, I have not
> heard, from anyone, that TurboPrint is any better. Now, that does not
> mean you should not have and use TurboPrint, just that, for printer
> drivers, it may be no better or worse than Canon Studio 1 or 2.
>
> Anyway, the above is just MHO.
>
> Julian.
I also bought a Canon Printer (BJC620) 3 or 4 years ago. I got the "Canon
Disk" with the special version of Studio2. I read the docs very often but it
took me 3/4 of my ink to get results that nearly matches the colors on the
screen. So I decided to buy TurboPrint. With this I got brilliant results
from the very first print. As far as I remember, Studio2 does not patch the
system's printer routines. So you can print in 24bit only from the Studio
print tool. For other applications it has only an 256-grayscale-mode an an
optimized 12bit-mode but no 24bit-mode. Cerroct me if I'm not right.
Ciao, Marcus
_____________________________________________________________________
Voyager Mailing List - http://v3.vapor.com/
Voyager FAQ....: http://faq.vapor.com/voyager/
Listserver Help: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=HELP
Unsubscribe....: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=UNSUBSCRIBE