Hi Loval,

I skimmed through the RFC 7882 and it shouldn't be too much trouble adding
that functionality to VPP. The existing BFD code is still a work in
progress and the only reason it's been pushed to the git was the API
freeze, so please do expect more patches to be pushed and things could
change.

Currently, there is no CLI, only API access, which is partially
implemented. The global configuration APIs are not implemented yet,
only per-session ones: bfd_udp_add, bfd_udp_del, bfd_udp_session_dump.

I suggest you take a look at test/test_bfd.py, which contains the unit
tests for the BFD feature. Again, this is not complete and more tests
will follow.

To run the tests, you can do e.g.

make test-debug TEST=bfd V=2

(adjust test verbosity V= to your liking, 2 is most verbose, 0 least)

The VPP BFD code is roughly split into BFDs-specific functionality and
transport-specific functionality - that being UDP only at this time,
while thinking about e.g. MPLS in the future.

Thanks,
Klement

Quoting Lovaljeet Kaur (2016-12-15 08:23:32)