Dudes and Dudettes,

As you may have guessed by now, I am working my way through
the SNAT Realm these days.  And now I have a question about
some possible, future API messages for obtaining some running
state information, notably for some form of "show snat" command.

In VAT's current implementation, there is an API call to obtain the
config data established from VPP's config file at startup time.
One can do a series of *_DUMP-style API calls to regurgitate the
configurations fed to SNAT.  That's all good.

However, there is no way to determine any of the runtime state.
In VAT today, there is a "show" command that inspects the internal
data structures directly; there is no API call to obtain any of that
same information.  Naturally that won't work for an external UI Agent.

So:  Is there a plan to add such API calls in the future?  Is it on
someone's plate already?   If not, would we entertain suggestions
or even patches to add that support?

Thanks,
jdl