Hello
Since the last mail I sent I've managed to get our test client working and
VPP running in a KVM VM.

We are still facing some problems though. We have a two servers, one where
the virtual machines are running and one we use as the openstack
controller. They are connected to each other with a 10G NIC. We have SR-IOV
configured for the 10G NIC.

So VPP is installed in a VM, and all interfaces work OK, then can be
reached from outside the VM etc. Following the basic examples on the wiki,
we configure VPP to take over the interfaces:

vpp# set int ip address TenGigabitEthernet0/6/0 10.0.1.101/24
vpp# set int ip address TenGigabitEthernet0/7/0 10.0.2.101/24
vpp# set int state TenGigabitEthernet0/6/0 up
vpp# set int state TenGigabitEthernet0/7/0 up

But when trying to ping for example the physical NIC on the other server,
we get no reply:

vpp# ip probe 10.0.1.1 TenGigabitEthernet0/6/0
ip probe-neighbor: Resolution failed for 10.0.1.1

If I do a tcpdump on the physical interface when trying to ping, I see ARP
packets being sent so -something- is happening, but it seems that packets
are not correctly arriving to VPP... I can't ping from the physical host
either, but the ARP cache is updated on the host when trying to ping from
VPP.

I've tried dumping counters etc. but I can't really see anything. The trace
does not show anything either. This is the output from "show hardware":

vpp# show hardware
              Name                Idx   Link  Hardware
TenGigabitEthernet0/6/0            1     up   TenGigabitEthernet0/6/0
  Ethernet address fa:16:3e:04:42:d1
  Intel 82599 VF
    carrier up full duplex speed 10000 mtu 9216
    rx queues 1, rx desc 1024, tx queues 1, tx desc 1024

    tx frames ok                                           3
    tx bytes ok                                          126
    extended stats:
      tx good packets                                      3
      tx good bytes                                      126
TenGigabitEthernet0/7/0            2     up   TenGigabitEthernet0/7/0
  Ethernet address fa:16:3e:f2:15:a5
  Intel 82599 VF
    carrier up full duplex speed 10000 mtu 9216
    rx queues 1, rx desc 1024, tx queues 1, tx desc 1024

I've tried a similar setup between two virtual box VM's and that worked OK,
so I'm thinking it might have something to do with SR-IOV for some reason.
I'm having a hard time troubleshooting this since I'm not sure how to check
where the packets actually get lost...

/Tomas