Hi there,

> Many applications have two channels, one is data channel, the other is
> control channel, both have different ports,
> so we need ALG to help these protocols to cut through FW, i think it is a
> pretty important feature and
> it has been surpported by almost every  manufacturer on their NAT devices.

It has been supported with varying success.
Take RFC5389 and the XOR-MAPPED-ADDRESS, where the STUN protocol where forced
to hide IP addresses in the payload because misguided ALGs rewrote them.

ALGs are often more of a hinderance to application developers than not. ALGs
are hard to get right, and they lead to ossification.
It is easier to write application if you have a predictable network. Any
application on todays network either uses port 443 or it has to deal with NAT
traversal.

The IPv4 Internet wth address exhaustion is evolving. Address sharing is a
fundamental part of the architecture now. Take mechanisms like MAP-E (RFC7597)
where ALGs will not be included.

If you have a specific request for a particular application we can talk about
it. But in general my stance is "not the network's problem to solve".

Best regards,
Ole