From: John Lo (loj)
Sent: Thursday, 25 May, 2017 16:12
To: Juraj Linkes -X (jlinkes - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco)
<jlin...@cisco.com>; vpp-dev@lists.fd.io
Cc: Tomas Cechvala -X (tcechval - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco)
<tcech...@cisco.com>; fds-...@lists.opnfv.org
Subject: RE: Does VPP support vlan 0?

Hi Juraj,

For an interface in L3 mode, any packet received with a VLAN tag must match a
sub-interface setup to expect that VLAN tag value. A way to handle this may be
to create a sub-interface matching VLAN 0, such as:

DBGvpp# create sub tuntap-0 0
tuntap-0.0
DBGvpp# sho int
              Name               Idx       State          Counter          Count
GigabitEthernet1b/0/0             3         up       rx packets
44630
                                                     rx bytes
4528252
                                                     tx packets
 3105
                                                     tx bytes
480292
                                                     drops
20672
                                                     punts
  373
                                                     ip4
23551
GigabitEthernet4/0/0              2         up       rx packets
 3070
                                                     rx bytes
325990
                                                     tx packets
23549
                                                     tx bytes
2085942
                                                     drops
   16
local0                            0        down
tuntap-0                          1         up       tx packets
  373
                                                     tx bytes
17158
tuntap-0.0                        5        down
vxlan_tunnel0                     4         up       rx packets
23549
                                                     rx bytes
2085942
                                                     tx packets
 3068
                                                     tx bytes
436318
DBGvpp# set int state tuntap-0.0 up

I have not tried this kind of setup before and do not know if other config may
be necessary to get this going. One question I do have is why are you receiving
a packet with VLAN tag 0 in your tap interface?

Hopefully this may work for you,
John