Hi, Ole!Today we are testing this patch by following schemes:

1st scheme:
Machine A (inside VPP with 1:1 static mapping) running PPTP _server_.Machine B
(outside VPP with 1:1 iptables static mapping) running PPTP client. This scheme
works well.

2st scheme:Machine A (inside VPP with 1:1 static mapping) running PPTP
_client_.Machine B (outside VPP with public ip) as hardware PPTP server. This
scheme works well. But only one session allowed. If we are create second
connection from Machine A to Machine C (outside VPP with public ip) this will
not work.OFC this is not required.

3st scheme:Machine A (inside VPP with 1:1 static mapping) running PPTP
_server_.Machine B (inside VPP with 1:1 static mapping) running PPTP
_client_.Maching B cannot connect to Machine A. This may cover hairpin nat
issue.
OFC this machines can doing connection via local addressing and it will be work.

BTW, we are not testing yet technology when we SNAT two pptp clients in
iptables mechanism (and those clients snatt (-ing) with one public address).
Thanks!

--
Yours sincerely,
Denis Lotarev

On Monday, June 19, 2017, 6:48:36 PM GMT+5, Ole Troan <otr...@employees.org>
wrote:

Hi Denis,

> Yeah, we are testing SNAT 1:1 static mapping without port forwarding. Only
> local and external addressing in configuration for PPTP client/server.

Matus threw himself around and just did:
https://gerrit.fd.io/r/#/c/7187/

Which forwards (and NATs) unknown protocols, which previously wasn't done.
Are you able to retry with 7187? Merged about 10s ago. ;-)

Best regards,
Ole