Hi,

The 'S' in VPP's S-NAT plugin name has often been confused with Linux' "Source
NAT". The 'S' originally stood for "Simple", implying that it was a less
complex implementation of NAT than the previous VCGN implementation.

Because of this confusion (and possibly valid arguments that it isn't so simple
anymore) we'd like to rename it.
The feature supports all flavours of NAT44 and NAT64.

The suggested new name is simply NAT. I.e. "VPP NAT".

The proposal is to change the name in the wiki, documentation, folder/files and
CLI.
I am unsure if it is possible to change the API at this point. We might have to
put in the new message names and allow those to live in parallel with the old
ones for a release or two. Does anyone use the SNAT API?

Opinions?

Best regards,
Ole