From: vpp-dev-boun...@lists.fd.io [mailto:vpp-dev-boun...@lists.fd.io] On
Behalf Of Eddie Ruan (eruan)
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2017 5:27 PM
To: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io
Subject: [vpp-dev] Compile error with linux/memfd.h

Hi,

I try to make my hand dirty via pulling and compiling VPP codes. I am following
wiki.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/VPP/Pulling,_Building,_Running,_Hacking_and_Pushing_VPP_Code#Building_the_first_time

I have tried different options, but the compile always stucks at following
error, not be able to find linux/memfd.h

I found following copy from my cento OS box. I am not sure if that's one it
looks for, or there are some other package I need to install.

[root@spitfire-2 linux]# pwd
/usr/src/kernels/3.10.0-693.2.2.el7.x86_64/include/uapi/linux
[root@spitfire-2 linux]# ls memfd.h
memfd.h

Does anyone have some hints on how to solve it?

Thanks

Eddie

[root@spitfire-2 vpp]# make bootstrap
WARNING: Please install ccache AYEC and re-run this script
make[1]: Entering directory `/nobackup/vpp/build-root'
@@@@ Arch for platform 'native' is native @@@@
@@@@ Finding source for tools @@@@
@@@@ Makefile fragment found in /nobackup/vpp/build-root/packages/tools.mk @@@@
@@@@ Source found in /nobackup/vpp/src @@@@
@@@@ Configuring tools: nothing to do @@@@
@@@@ Building tools in /nobackup/vpp/build-root/build-tool-native/tools @@@@
make[2]: Entering directory `/nobackup/vpp/build-root/build-tool-native/tools'
make  all-recursive
make[3]: Entering directory `/nobackup/vpp/build-root/build-tool-native/tools'
Making all in .
make[4]: Entering directory `/nobackup/vpp/build-root/build-tool-native/tools'
  CC       vppinfra/linux/mem.lo
/nobackup/vpp/build-root/../src/vppinfra/linux/mem.c:25:25: fatal error:
linux/memfd.h: No such file or directory
#include <linux/memfd.h>

[logo_Grey]

Eddie Ruan
PRINCIPAL ENGINEER.ENGINEERING
er...@cisco.com<mailto:er...@cisco.com>
Tel: +1 408 853 0776

Cisco Systems, Inc.
821 Alder Drive
MILPITAS
95035
United States
cisco.com

[http://www.cisco.com/assets/swa/img/thinkbeforeyouprint.gif]Think before you
print.

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of
the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others
is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to
receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete
all copies of this message.
Please click
here<http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/index.html> for
Company Registration Information.