From: Michael Borokhovich <michael...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, 11 October 2017 at 05:34
To: "Neale Ranns (nranns)" <nra...@cisco.com>
Cc: "Shaw, Jeffrey B" <jeffrey.b.s...@intel.com>, "vppsb-...@lists.fd.io"
<vppsb-...@lists.fd.io>, vpp-dev <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [vppsb-dev] Router plugin with VPP 1707 - incoming OSPF
Hello packets are dropped by VPP

Hi Neale,

In the router plugin, the code below ("vppsb/router/router/tap_inject.c")
should make sure that incoming multicast packets are forwarded from VPP to
Linux. However, it does not work if "FIN_VERSION" is not 1 (i.e., it works for
1609 but not for 1707). Do you have any idea why?

Thanks!
Michael.

Hi Michael,

Both of;
  vppctl ip mroute 224.0.0.0/8<http://224.0.0.0/8> via GigabitEthernet0/4/0
Accept
  vppctl ip mroute 224.0.0.0/8<http://224.0.0.0/8> via local Forward
the first says you are accepting (i.e RPF checks on) GigE0/4/0 the second says
you are ‘forwarding/replicating’ to VPP’s local IP stack.

The mfib equivalent of the fib API you were using is;
  extern fib_node_index_t mfib_table_entry_special_add(u32 fib_index,
                                                     const mfib_prefix_t
*prefix,
                                                     mfib_source_t source,
                                                     mfib_entry_flags_t flags,
                                                     index_t rep_dpo);

if you include the flag MFIB_ENTRY_ACCEPT_ALL_ITF then mfib will accept from
any incoming interface, hence you won’t need an explicit ‘Accept’ rule. But
this API is strict about the last argument ‘dpo’ being a replicate DPO type.
See the mfib_test.c examples on how to construct one for use with the API.