Hi Shachar,

On 30/10/2017 16:00, Shachar Beiser wrote:

Hi,

     I would like to link the dpdk statically to vpp and not as a shared object.

     I see there is an option  :

sudo make dpdk-install-dev DPDK_MLX5_PMD=y */ENABLE_DPDK_SHARED=n/*

/     but it seems that it is not enough . /

/    Can you direct me what I need to do ?/

*/                -Shachar Beiser/*

I think there are something to note here.
DPDK is a VPP plugin (dpdk_plugin.so), thus a shared object.

The option you are using just affects how the plugin is built, by default DPDK *is* statically linked in the plugin, with ENABLE_DPDK_SHARED it would dynamically linked against DPDK.

HTH,
Sergio